Thursday, 17 March 2011

A secret room behind the wardbrobe, what lies there?





If you peep through you see a hidden land, where in the distance a light flickers over a mysterious motel. I'm not sure if I'd like to go there or not, it's starting to remind me of The Shining a little too much!


It's supposed to be a small room behind the tiny wardrobe that might look like it was inconspicuously built inbetween the rooms either side of it. This room then leads to a secret world - I really like this surreal aspect of playing around with space and perception. I also love the idea of putting the secret spaces in lovely looking, quaint rooms because it seems so sinister. The image of the motel is a photo I took at a model village in Torquay years ago on a lovely disposable camera which gave some dreamy effects - I've got more images like these to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment